Porcelain Veneers in Lansdale PA
There is a myriad of dental conditions that do not require extensive treatment but only one simple restorative solution. When your teeth are crooked, misshapen, unevenly spaced, severely stained or simply need cosmetic enhancement for a uniform smile, porcelain veneers may be the perfect option for you. If you are looking to completely reshape your smile with porcelain veneers in Lansdale, PA, look no further than North Penn Dental Arts.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin shells of highly durable porcelain that is bonded to the front surface of your teeth to create a perfect, aesthetically appealing smile. The professionals in our dental laboratory design your veneers with superior craftsmanship for a custom restoration that matches the shape, texture and color of your natural teeth.
Reasons for Veneers:
- Cosmetically, to create a uniform, white, beautiful smile.
- Crooked teeth.
- Misshapen teeth.
- Severely discolored or stained teeth.
- Teeth that are too small or large.
- Unwanted or uneven spaces.
- Worn or chipped teeth.
In the past, obtaining veneers required a complicated, invasive procedure, involving general anesthesia and extensive alterations to the affected tooth. Today, however, this treatment requires only two short and simple visits to our office.
The steps are as follows:
- During the first visit, your teeth are shaped very slightly in order to better accommodate the porcelain shell. Your dentist then takes an impression of your teeth and helps you choose the ideal color for the restoration.
- During the second visit, your teeth are thoroughly cleaned to ensure seamless and durable bonding with the veneers. The porcelain fragment is then attached with a bonding cement, which is then hardened using a specialized light.
With proper care and maintenance, your porcelain veneers are guaranteed to last many years. However, it is important to remember that although veneers are built for long-lasting durability, they may require replacement in the future. Your cosmetic dentist Dr. Heleniak will advise you on the best maintenance plan, including proper brushing and regular dental visits, and will inform you when your veneers need to be repaired or replaced.
To learn more about our porcelain veneers in Lansdale, PA, please do not hesitate to contact North Penn Dental Arts for a detailed consultation.